martes, 14 de abril de 2020

Tuesday April 14th, Phonics blending: a-e sound

ENGLISH 



Tuesday, April 14th.


Hello children! How are you today?

Today we are going to sing along with Jolly Phonics.
Are you ready?

Group 5



Group 6



Now watch these videos:
I'm going to tell you the story of a-e sound. It's very interesting. Look: 




Now, do you want to read some new words with me? Let's see if you can read these words before I do. 





The Split Vowel Pair




Let's repeat this sound a few times. There are so many different ways to spell this sound. (ay, ai, ae).


Remember

“When two vowels go walking, the first one does the talking.”



These two letters used to sit next to each other but they did too much talking, so the teacher said: “I´m going to move you apart and I´m going to put another letter in-between”, but they still hold hands over the top to make the “ae” sound.
Now let's do some blending!


But first, we are going to write the date and the title.


Today is Tuesday, April 14th

Today I feel ______________.

Let’s work with Phonics

The Split Vowel Pair


Who can read these words and this sentence?


I bake a cake.


Then, write the words and the sentence in your copybook. Can you think of another sentence using one of the words from the list? Please share a picture of your work to my email vmade@northfield.edu.ar


See you tomorrow!


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario